From the Israeli child protection services:
During 2012, 9399 sexually abused children were questioned:
- 78.2% were abused by a close person
- 49.6% were abused by a family member or close friend
- 28.6% were abused by a friend, acquaintance or a neighbor
21.8% were abused by a stranger
- 59% of those who were abused by a relative, were abused at home or their assailant's home
- 64.7% of those who were abused by a stranger were in open space
Amongst all the children who were abused and reported the abuse:
- 46.5% stated that they were attacked more than once
- 66.2% stated that they were attacked more than once a year!
- Girls are more likely to be abused than boys.